McKenzie Mendel Jewelry is based in Bend, Oregon. She hand crafts jewelry made for everyday wear that is alluring, inspiring and symbolizes the joy and love in life. Every piece is made of sterling silver and high karat gold. McKenzie’s favorite techniques involve hammering the metal to add depth and texture and adding gold to certain pieces with a technique called keum boo. This adds a thin layer of gold to the surface of the metal using only heat.
1. Poppy Earrings - Beautifully textured oxidized earrings with a touch of gold. Handmade from recycled sterling silver, 14k gold and finished with a dark patina. Measure: 1 1/2 inches long
2. Dream Earrings - These dreamy earrings feature a large pearl centered in a layer of mixed metal cups where the dark silver background makes the gold surrounding the pearl glow. Handmade from recycled sterling silver, and 24k gold keum boo a stunning freshwater pearl and finished with a dark patina. Measures: 1.5 inches long.
3. Judith Earrings - Inspired by Klimt's ethereal paintings these Judith earrings have an old world feel while staying modern with a mixed metal touch. Handmade from recycled sterling silver, 24k gold and finished with a patina and a fresh water pearl. Measures: 1.5 inches long.
4. Balance Studs - These lovely studs are so simple and elegant. May they bring some balance to your day. Handmade from recycled metals in sterling silver with 18k yellow gold cups. Measures 12mm across.
5. Joy Studs - A modern pair of hoops in stud form. The combination of sanded silver and gold give these earrings a subtle sparkle that is so elegant. Handmade from recycled sterling silver and 24k gold keum boo. Measures: under 1/4".
6. Brave Studs - These beautiful studs are like a cup of courage for your day ahead. Handmade from recycled sterling silver with 18k yellow gold cups and finished in a dark patina. Measures 9mm across